Here's the deal in short. If you use TurboTax to file your income tax refund they will give you the option to use some or all of your refund to buy an Amazon.com gift card. If you do so then they'll kick in another 10% bonus gift card on top of that. So for example if you are due $2000 and use $500 to buy an Amazon GC then you'll get another extra $50 gift card.
Here is the page on Amazon about the deal.
You can also get $10-15 off of TurboTax if you're a Prime member.
"Prime Members save as much as $10-$15 more on TurboTax 2013. Limited time offer. See product detail page for more information.'
If you're not a member you can sign up for Prime
Details on the 10% gift card offer...
I copy pasted the details & fine print below.
- Use some (or all) of your federal refund to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card** and Turbo Tax will tack on a bonus
- The remainder of your refund will be deposited to your bank account
- As soon as your refund is received, TurboTax will email you your Amazon.com Gift Card claim code
- Receive an extra 5% with TurboTax Basic – So $500 would become $525
- Receive an extra 10% with TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business – So $500 would become $550
- TurboTax Business is not eligible for this offer
**Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon.com Gift Cards ("GCs") sold by Intuit, an authorized and independent reseller of Amazon.com Gift Cards. Except as required by law, GCs cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash. GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods at Amazon.com or certain of its affiliated websites. For complete terms and conditions, see www.amazon.com/gc-legal. GCs are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No expiration date or service fees.”
--This article may contain referral links which pay this site a commission for purchases made at the sites.