I do welcome guest posts here on Free By 50. Previous guest posts are in the guest post label.
I've generally been limiting guest posts to Friday only so there could be a few week backlog of other authors. Lately I've had a 1-2 month waiting list for guest posts at times. If you can't wait 1-2 months then sorry, I can't help you. No, I won't publish your article faster before the other articles from guest posters who're already waiting.
If you are interested in writing a post then First I ask that you read the policy below. Then please contact me directly to let me know. Please tell me in advance if you want a link to a site in your author bio or elsewhere and if so who that link is to. This is mandatory for consideration. Feel free to send a draft or at least a topic idea.
I will reply but it may not be fast. Expect it to take me a few days to answer you at times and occasionally I may take a week or longer. This isn't my fulltime job and I only check and answer my emails occasionally. Bear with me and please do not send repeated requests for status if I haven't replied. Please do not send me frequent mails to remind me about your post request. Sending me an email to ask me if I read the email you sent yesterday really irritates me and is a good way to not get published on my site.
No, sorry I won't send you a follow up email to notify you after the post is published. If accepted I'll give you a date it is scheduled to post and you can check my blog on that date.
Here are some guidelines on guest posts for my site:
- The article should be a topic that fits with this site. Almost anything in the personal finance realm is OK but I might refuse an article that has what I consider to be bad information.
- I retain the right to edit the article if necessary. I don't expect nor plan to change anything but might want to fix a typo or something like that.
- I may ask you to edit your article to fix errors, clarify your points or remove unnecessary content.
- Please no links to self advertise your product or service. I'm not interested in hosting guest articles that are simply self advertisement for your products or services.
A link to your site / blog in the author description is cool, but thats all. And the link to your site should be a direct link to the site by name, not a keyword text link.
- I will require a certain quality of writing. I'm not an English professor myself so I don't mean to be too picky, but I won't publish something with poor grammar.
- My blog has mostly American readers so guest posts need to be understandable and relevant to an American audience. Please make sure terms you use are commonly used in the USA.
- Please avoid political opinions in your posts.
- Nothing offensive, unethical or illegal will be considered.
- I do expect guest posters to answer comments and answer questions from readers that might come up about their post. Best way to do that is to subscribe to the post so you can follow comments.
- No pictures that are not free for commercial use and pictures must have a source link.
- If you cite numbers or statistics then please site a verifiable source.