May 21, 2008

If you traveled overseas 1996 to 2006 you might be due a 1-3% refund.

If you traveled outside the USA in the period February 1, 1996 to November 8, 2006 and used a credit card or debit card then you might have a refund coming to you. See this site:

The banks and credit card companies were charging fees for conversion of foreign currency on card transactions made overseas but failing to notify customers about the fees. There was a class action lawsuit against the credit cards and banks and it was settled with the banks and credit card companies agreeing to pay $336 Million dollars. Of course the banks and credit cards claim they did nothing unlawful or wrong, but handing over 1/3 a Billion dollars kinda says otherwise to me.

If you have used a credit or debit card for foreign travel in that 10 year period then make sure to check into the site. Settlement isn't' finalized but you could get up to 3% of your money back.

So if you do have any foreign travel in 1996 to 2006 then head over to and file a claim. The deadline for filing a claim is May 30 2008 so you've only got a few days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm starting to get too many spam messages in the comments so I'm turning on moderation. Please be patient and wait for your comment to be approved. Note it may take up to a few days for approval, thanks. I've also had to remove anonymous posting of comments to cut down on spam and pure stupidity.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin